You all know or should know that primers are the Barrier between your skincare and makeup. Why? Because it helps to prolong the wear of your makeup and it’s the first step before your makeup application. Primers are essential to your beauty regimen, it gives a flawless finish and smooth makeup application, it’s one of those steps that you shouldn’t skipped.
Makeup forever reformulated and repackaged their primers and introduced us to their step1 skin equalizers. they’re ten different formulas that address different skin care concerns that will balance, tone, and smooth your skin texture.
I have combo to oily skin with a little warmth around my mouth area and under my eyes. So I purchased two of skin equalizes. The nourishing primer and the radiant primer in peach, I choose the peach to brighten my skin. Initially I opt for the radiant Caramel primer but I found that it added too much warmth and left my skin red under my makeup.
Here is the break down of the equalizes:
These primers are suppose to address skin concerns, such as oil and shine, pores, fine lines & wrinkles, redness and dry skin.
1. Mattifying Primer: reduces shine
2. Smoothing Primer: minimizes large pores and reduces fine lines and wrinkles for a smooth application
3. Hydrating Primer: this one is great for all skin types because we all need a little hydration. It’s going to restore balance back into the skin
4. Nourishing Primer: moisturizers and comfort skin
5. Redness: neutralizes and corrects redness that is associated with rosacea
These are the primers that will balance and add brightness for all skin tones.
6. Radiant Primer Blue: adds radiance to light skin
7. Radiant Primer Pink: adds radiance light to medium skin with red undertones
8. Radiant Primer Yellow: adds radiance to light to medium skin with yellow undertones
9. Radiant Primer Peach: adds radiance to medium to tan skin and brightens deeper skin
10. Radiant Primer Caramel: adds warmth to deeper skin
Now that you know the breakdowns, the cool thing with these primers is that you can layer or customize texture and tones concerns.
1. You can apply any of the radiance primers before applying mattiyfying or smoothing primer.
2. Apply hydrating primer or nourishing primer before applying any of the radiance primers.
Have you tried any of these primers?